Do You And Your Pet Communicate Well?
Do You And Your Pet Communicate Well?
By Vaibhav Srivastava
By the grace of the Noble and Supreme Almighty, we, the human beings are blessed with a voice box and a tongue, which help us to communicate our feelings to the others when needed.
We are also blessed with the power to hear and respond to each other's voices. We could conclude that human body is complete in every aspect.
When we talk about animals, we could say that they too have the system of talking and listening but using their languages, which are almost inaccessible to the humans.
In such a case, when you bring home an animal to keep it as a pet, it becomes important that the conversation between you and your pet goes on so that you develop a healthy understanding between you, thereby developing a healthy relationship.
When we talk in this regard, could you tell, what the right way to communicate with a pet is? Or do you use right methods to communicate to your pet?
The answers may be diverse but they conclude on the same note that, it being an animal, needs our maximum love and it will return us whatever we offer it.
Here are some tips on grooming of pets that tell you how to understand their language and in turn develop the bond that you always wanted to have:
Observe The Habits Of Your Pet:
- The pets give a lot of signals with their ears, eyes, and face. Therefore, observe these to get about what your pet is feeling. It may be angry at something if it stares at the thing continuously, ready to bark. It may stare its master in need of anything such as food or water. These signals occur with almost all the pets, whether it is a cat or a dog or any other pet. If you are ignorant of the fact, it could lead to many troubles.
- Observe the legs and the tail of your pet. It may use its legs to ask for something or simply seek your attention. It may also use it to rub its body which may be an indication of fleas in its coat or itching problems. The dogs and cats use their tails to indicate that they are in good mood by simply wagging them or they hide their tale between rear legs to indicate they are frightened of something.
- Observe the postures of your pet, which he uses frequently. For example, if a dog is feeling itchy, it would roll down its body in the dust to clear of the fleas or a cat may lounge on its back either to get a good rest or in a state of anger. It generally depends on pets and their moods that what suits them the best. If you do not observe them, they would themselves find some means to solve their problem which could hurt your scheduled care.
Hear Your Pet's Sounds:
- Your pet may be accustomed to a variety of sounds from you, but are limited to a single language as far as their tongue is concerned. Though the words they speak sound similar almost all the times, they may be distinct.
- Your dog may bark, growl, howl or snarl at times. There are various reasons associated with each sound it utters, such as a loud pitched bark shows that it is aggressive and it also shows that it is communicating something to a well-acquainted person. It may howl at times when it feels lonely or gets physically or mentally hurt.
- A cat may also use its meow to indicate various reactions such as a low-pitched sound from it may indicate that it is angry or hungry. It is your responsibility to understand the difference amongst these and solve its problem.
Exchange Conversation Notes With Your Pet:
- Talk to your pet and make him feel the variation of tones in your voice. You could use a stern tone to make it follow your orders or serve some purpose and also use the soft tone to praise it or when offering it food. The pet would understand the difference in the tones and would respond in the same manner.
- Using of sign languages such as gestures from your hand etc. may also offer a good medium of conversation. These sign languages will help it get the command in an effective manner. You could use hand gestures to make a dog sit or stand or go away and you could also use it for the cat.
- Do not punish your pet, either with your tone or physically. Using loud words and beating may discourage its morale.
Using the above pet grooming tips, you could understand how to communicate with your pet in an effective manner such that you bear a healthy bond with it.
This relationship between you and your pet would not only make it share its problem with but also relieve you when you are murky, since our pets also observe the differences in our behavior every day.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Vaibhav_Srivastava/2400303